Planning this space out was quite tough as mentioned before it is quite small so we have had to maximize space and storage. The old space (from the photos below) consisted of an open floor plan with the furnace/hot water tank located at the landing of the stairs. The space then opened to a wall of built ins on one side and and on the opposite side was where the washer/dryer and soft water unit. The flooring was marmoleum and the windows were quite tiny.
Here is the plan:
1. Get a new high efficiency furnace
2. Tankless water heater that will be located by the new laundry area
3. Put in a fabulous bathroom with a tub where the washer and dryer are now
4. Built-ins on the side wall as you enter the space
5. New flooring and lighting in the space
6. We have to make the window in the main space larger to call it a bedroom