I did a segment today on our local morning show, Breakfast Television (City TV). The segment was based on holiday entertaining. How to do it with style and on a budget. All items were sourced at PC Home, one of my most fave places to shop at when I am entertaining at home. I did a post on their stylish holiday wares earlier this month, but this shows you how you can creating stunning table settings with everything sourced from PC Home.
Here are a few of my tips for entertaining during the holidays:
1. Keep it simple and chic. Make sure to have a delicious colour palette in mind. I did 2 settings: Modern and Traditional.
2. Dishes should be kept simple and white, play up the colour palette with chargers, side plates, and place mats.
3. Use decorative gift wrap as a table runner to play up on pattern and colour.
4. Create your own flower arrangements. I took a simple $20 arrangement and split it up to create 3 and mixed in some Christmas greens.
5. Instead of wine, think about giving a hostess gift that will come in handy over time. Plates, desert cups, fondue sets, etc.
6. Use trays as charger plates, this can be something your guest can take home with them. The gorgeous hammered tray in the modern setting is fab!