I can finally share the after photos of what the pieces that I refinished looked like!!! I did a post a few days back showing you the before photos of pieces that I had found at ReStore (A great tool for those that are looking to buy home goods on a budget). A good friend described this space as Palm Springs Chic and I could not agree more!
It just goes to show you that you don't have to spend a lot to get a lot. The whole trend of Up Cycling is so big in design at the moment. It is not only a budget conscious way of decorating but one that is eco friendly. Why throw something away when you can re-finish, re-upholster, re-frame, re-paint it to make it new again!!!
What we did:
- Re-painted the sideboard and dresser a bright bold green.
- Re-painted the coffee tables and side tables a crisp white.
- Re-upholstered the wing back chairs and the dining chairs in a fabulous floral.
- Gave the table lamps some new shades that we customized with painting a border of the green around the bottom.
- Painted the chandelier a crisp white.
- Re-Framed the 2 bird silk prints with a more modern frame in white.
- Created our own custom artwork by taking an old canvas and priming it. Then unleashing our inner artist!
- Adding wallpaper a top an old credenza that was beat up and scratched.