Tuesday, December 8, 2009
My assistant just told me today about a new coffee place in MardaLoop called Phil&Sebastian. I decided to check it out and let me tell you, I LOVED IT! Although they were still finishing up some of the work and had no snacks the interiors were amazing and so was the coffee. I will just have to go back for the snacks!
Finally a place that you can go to that serves a great latte, offers up some fabulous design and is comfortable and unique. Nicely done!
Friday, December 4, 2009
One thing I love about what I do is I get to meet really fabulous people. Two of my new besties, BR Pirri and Karen Judge (featured above with the glammed up Miss Judy Gabriel), are hosting a great event called The Style Lounge. This new event in Calgary is designed to get women out monthly for a special night of cocktails, shopping, fashion shows, amazing jewelry and clothes, and get a good dose of design. They asked me to speak at the December event called Puttin' on Glitz!
I created three tablescapes featuring items from PC home (available at Superstore) to show people that you don't need to spend a small fortune to achieve a great look. Especially with the holiday season upon us and so much entertaining to do, there is no excuse for paper plates and plastic cutlery!
These three tablescapes are also featured in this months New Home Living Magazine.
You can visit their sites respectively:
And don't forget that this will be a monthly party, standby for January's event featuring all things romantic and sexy just in time for Valentine's Day. I will also be at this event speaking about romantic bedrooms... *purr*
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
For those of you that aren't home during the day, CityLine is a fabulous daily chat show out of Toronto. They feature anything that has to do with design, fashion or lifestyle and yours truly was fortunate enough to have been featured last month.
I was asked if I wanted to feature one of my recent interiors on the show and chose a project that I have been working on for the last year. I chose this house because of its modern edge, gorgeous finishes, and glam touches throughout. My client was very willing to try different things and this is why we got such a unique and modern space.
Here is a little hint of what you will see....
The finale of My Rona Home was taped live yesterday. It was cold, snowy, windy, and did I mention cold! Supporters of the Yellow Team were out in full force and did us proud!!!! Thank you so much to all of you that came out and that braved the elements.
The winner will be revealed on Sunday's episode of My Rona Home on City TV. If you missed any of the episodes you can catch them on www.myronahome.ca.
Every year, I try to make it to the ACAD winter art sale. It is always filled with the most amazing artwork, jewelry, and glass ware. My goal is to go and get Christmas gifts but usually end up shopping for myself. This year, was another hit. So much talent is exposed with these shows and to be quite frank, a great way to get unique and one of a kind artwork for a fraction of the price and to support the students.
Here are a few of the standouts:
1. Defy Gravity Designs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fabulous hats and pins that incorporated feathers. A great ode to Mad Men style that is sure to jazz up any outfit.
2. Basement Projects (email@example.com)
- About time a local company got started on vinyl! Fantastic vinyl decals to jazz up any space.
3. MYNTHIA! (www.mynthia.com)
- Its all about the mix. Taking 2 very different animals and fusing them together to create unique and fantastical creatures. Done in subdued watercolours, the perfect addition to any art lovers collection.
4. Jeweller- Wearable Art (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- One to look out for with very unique designs that really stand out. My fav was the tooth ring!
5. C. Elise Mullen (www.boxsocial.ca)
- Amazing prints with bold hits of colour. These definately caught my eye for their dramatic use of city scapes.
6. Morgan Curley (email@example.com)
- The series of paper antlers (picture shown) blew my mind and I had to get one! So unique in the way that they meld such an organic form with paper. Framed perfectly in square frames with bold colours in the background, a HIT in my eyes of the show!